Monday, November 5, 2012

Brookyln Nets Have a Shiny New Mascot

I guess part of Mikhail Prokerov's dry humor is to subtly change the team's name, starting with the mascot choice as seen below.  Not that great of a funny, but much better than how the owners chose to not-so-subtly leave New Jersey.


via nets daily, this new mascot was supposed to take over for the old Nets mascot, the cuddly Sly the Silver Fox, to match the team's team new jerseys, arena and point guard.

As cool as it is to have Knight as a mascot (my junior high mascot was a knight), the Nets aren't the only team in the NBA to have a mascot that makes no sense (see Wizards and their jolly blue guy, G-wiz).  I guess it is hard to find a character to represent "Nets", just like its hard to represent "Heat" (goofy bird with the appropriately pun-ed name, Burnie), or "Magic" (Stuff the Magic Dragon).   

I hope NBA teams stick with the sesame street characters like G-wiz.  I personally am not a fan of a medieval soldier leading me in cheers.  Also, can you imagine a soldier getting a bro-hug from Jay-z?

Happy Monday everybody. I leave you with Burnie and the mascot of Toronto, Drake.







No comments:

Post a Comment